The Milwaukee County Historical Society
The Milwaukee County Historical Society was founded in 1935 to collect, preserve and make available materials relating to the history of the Milwaukee community. The Society's headquarters and research library are located at the downtown Historical Center, 910 N. Old World Third St., since 1965. The Society also has four historic sites: Trimborn Farm and the Jeremiah Curtin House in Greendale, the Lowell Damon House in Wauwatosa and Kilbourntown House in Shorewood.
Today, the Society is a community center for people to learn about and to celebrate Milwaukee's history. With a collection of more than 50,000 artifacts and more than a million documents and photographs, the Society shares this history through our research library, exhibits, student and group programs and special events.
For more information, visit www.milwaukeehistory.net.